Skip to main content

3 Ways to Benefit from Thrifted Garb || Thrift inStyle


Good things come to those who thrift! Well those who Thrift in Style. This look was curated by items I received during the last Thrift inStyle Tour last month. Yup! See Deets at the end. You can really discover your personal style by taking the thrifting approach. Here are a few ways you can benefit from thrift shopping and discover your personal style. 


Hey Hey! Let me just say thank you for being nosey, supporting, taking notes or just simply thinking of me. I have been on this blogging journey for about 3 years on and off. I should celebrate huh? Hey who ever said celebrating perseverance was a crime? With every high or low I find an audience of people who genuinely want to see my talent and gifts make way for greater. How should we celebrate? Let me know. 

I've learned so much through trial and error, trust me I have tons of don'ts to share if you ever want to know. I'm inspired by the feedback and encouragement you guys are giving me though. Thank you. 

Soo any-t-wayzz.. 
Good things come to those who thrift! Well those who Thrift in Style. This look was curated by items I received during the last Thrift inStyle Tour last month. Yup! See Deets at the end. You can really discover your personal style by taking the thrifting approach. Here are a few ways you can benefit from thrift shopping and discover your personal style. 

1. Try Trends.  If you are thinking of trying some daring trends you see on Pinterest or instagram, I suggest going to your local thrift store and find pieces that inspire that trend. Buy them. Try them.  You won't necessarily always replicate the trend but you spend less money and create your own spin unintentionally! HaH! Happens to me all the time! 


2. Spend Less.  Well duh! Right? You can be unique in your style without missing a few meals and bills beau! I promise you it's not about the price tag. It's about the right color, right fit, right feel, and most importantly the sense of confidence your have in clothing that allows you to SLAY! okay? I know I'm corny. You save more by hitting the racks of consign and thrift looking than spending tons of money on one outfit at one retail store. Step away from the retail prices Ma'am. People can hardly tell the difference these days.

3. Donate or Resale.  I personally suggest donating your unwanted clothing to well know charities that actually benefit the communities around us. Resale is another great way to get rid so you can restock on ridiculously low price pre-loved garb!  My favorite in Texas are Uptown Cheapskate and of course Plato's Closet! I'm growing a love for Clothes Mentor. Here is what I've done in the past with my resale. A lot of time you won't get big bucks from selling your clothes to a Consignment store, so take the extra cash and donate it to your favorite charity or non-profit organization.  Trust me you'll feel good about giving back to combat poverty and or any social issue this world struggles with.

I don't think I have ever worn this much color before. I felt like a clown! lol No but this is me testing the varieties of different types of colors, textures, and styles without the hassle of wasting money or looking like anyone else.

"I get to be me in my most rarest form..." 
I encourage you to do something that makes you feel empowered, free and daring.  And do me a favor and don't worry too much about what others have to say. It could paralyze you.

The Word says we are fearfully and wonderfully made; 1 John 4:4 said, You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world.  

Live in the know! The Knowledge of who you are and Whose you are! No outfit on this earth can keep you from fulfilling your purpose.. it may help you get there lol but won't detour or ultimately advance your path. Okay so maybe I got all spiritual so I will stop for now. 

Here are the details to this cute festive little number: 

|DEETS| Vintage Top: Vintij MarQui  ; Thrifted Pink Pants : Texas Thrift ; Thrift Gold belt: Thrift City of Richardson ; Vintage Coach Cross Bag: Thrift World in Lewisville 

That's about all folks. Be sure to like, comment and share the love will ya? Thank you!

Stay stylish,  Tiyunna J.

Add caption

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Pre-Thrifting Tips Every Thrifter Should Know

Hey Girl Hey,  If you’re hitting up the thrift store this weekend, here are a few tried & true hacks to help make the most of your thrift-prience.  Let's be real, thrift shopping is not for the faint. I want to ease your mind a bit with some basic thrift knowledge before you head out. 

It's Officially Fall in DFW: ThriftStyle Inspiration

     DFW got it's first taste of autumn weather this weekend, which means this weekend we stop "transitioning to fall" and dive right in . So if you're looking for some ideas on how to wear your thrifted finds, look no further this Saturday during the  Thrift inStyle Thrift tou r, where Fall essentials are on our #thriftlist and a great weekend with your favorite girls abound. The best part? We bring you the best thrift-style inspiration!  So get inspired and embrace fashion's most lush season now!

THRIFT the TREND: SHEER COAT

Solange Knowles' style is iconic. Her confidence, unique flare and style captivates my heart just as much as her music does. She follows no trend instead creates them. She embodies personal style, something we all can learn from in a world fixed on trends and perceptions. I came across this sheer robe without a clue how I would wear it. It was vintage & different so tossed it into my cart. Most pieces end up this way. See how I styled this trend for the low-low!