Skip to main content

Fall Fashion Trends-Thrifted:The Chunky Knit


My face when I realized I nailed this outfit for less!

    This year's Fashion collections are full of knitwear of thick yarn or chunky knit, as in loose over-sized sweaters. Chunky knit style sweater will be a great basic clothing item to create a classic feminine and relaxed youth looks. You can pair them with distressed jeans, pleated skirts as well as pencil skirts. I simply went for what I had in my closet, this green pleated midi (my fav) I wore earlier this year. 



     A month ago I scored this chunky sweetness while in Monroe, Louisiana during our homecoming weekend. I found it at Family Promise Thrift Store in West Monroe, La for $3. 

Two things I really like about the store: 
1. The customer service was everything! 
2. Because a lot of their donations are from estates 
sales you can get quality clothing for little to Nada! 

I started a video blog to share all the juicy deets but, uhm yeah, my video editing skills need some work. So I was thrilled to have my favorite Photographer Candace Lee capture my excitement. 

I love transitioning into a new season, it's something about new grace, new opportunity to reflect on how far God has brought me on this journey. 


I'm really starting to get comfortable in front of the camera. I think I found a new love.


My face knowing it does not take $500 to look effortlessly stylish. 

Below are few designer sweaters seen on the runway this year: Get your chunky knit for less now! Most thrift stores are overflowing with fall sweaters to browse from. So go check out the nearest thrift store near you! To your right is a list of stores here in DFW we've visited and feel confident you could find some fabness! Good luck! Don't allow the chunkiness to scare you! 


Isabel-Marant-Etoile
Alexander-McQueen

    How would you Style your Chunky Knit? We would love to see it! Tag thriftinstyle in your pictures, we could share your #knitthriftstyle! Super excited you stopped by ThriftinStyle.com! 
Thanks Gorgeous! 
Happy thrifting, Tiyunna J :) 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Pre-Thrifting Tips Every Thrifter Should Know

Hey Girl Hey,  If you’re hitting up the thrift store this weekend, here are a few tried & true hacks to help make the most of your thrift-prience.  Let's be real, thrift shopping is not for the faint. I want to ease your mind a bit with some basic thrift knowledge before you head out. 

It's Officially Fall in DFW: ThriftStyle Inspiration

     DFW got it's first taste of autumn weather this weekend, which means this weekend we stop "transitioning to fall" and dive right in . So if you're looking for some ideas on how to wear your thrifted finds, look no further this Saturday during the  Thrift inStyle Thrift tou r, where Fall essentials are on our #thriftlist and a great weekend with your favorite girls abound. The best part? We bring you the best thrift-style inspiration!  So get inspired and embrace fashion's most lush season now!

THRIFT the TREND: SHEER COAT

Solange Knowles' style is iconic. Her confidence, unique flare and style captivates my heart just as much as her music does. She follows no trend instead creates them. She embodies personal style, something we all can learn from in a world fixed on trends and perceptions. I came across this sheer robe without a clue how I would wear it. It was vintage & different so tossed it into my cart. Most pieces end up this way. See how I styled this trend for the low-low!