Skip to main content

10 Thrift Stores to visit in DFW

 Saving coins are thoughts we all have these days. Wearing thrift threads from a thrift store is becoming increasingly popular. I sure hope you're not still sleeping on thrift shops. Seriously... Where else will you find your own treasure from someone else's junk?  

  A thrift shop (also known as a thrift store, charity shop, hospice shop, resale shop) are a type of social enterprise that typically sell used goods that are donated by members of the public and are often staffed by volunteers.  Donation of the items being sold allows for a lower cost to the buyers.

To some, shopping at a thrift store isn’t even about the price (that’s just a bonus!) but instead, it’s about the adventure of finding vintage and unique items to style & call your own! But did you know there is a national day celebrating this?

Yup, it sure is. Google it.  As much as I'd love to take credit, I didn't make it up in case you were wondering. Write it down for next year August 17 is National Thrift Shop Day! 

You're Welcome...


We have some bomb Thrift Shops in the DFW. When I’m not figuring out my life, you could probably catch me dancing the down the aisles of one of these thrift spots for a little thrift therapy. 

 I’ve compiled a list of thrift stores that really give you the best bang for your buck! Go check them out this week! 
Family Thrift Outlet (swear by this place best deal easily!) 2019 Update: If you like quality items this is No longer the place. The clothing are overly used, should not be on a sales floor. 

Now these stores are in no order so remember thrift stores are a hit or miss most often. I personally encourage you to go with an open mind to stepping out of your normal selection. After all it’s not like you can lose?

If you are looking to revamp your work wardrobe  for come hang out with me at Texas Thrift Irving from 6 -8pm!  To schedule a 30min one on one Thrift Style Sessions with me or one of my Fav Thrift Mavens on this day before 5pm click here.  

Have any questions or anything you'd like to see from me let me know in the comments below! Or shoot me a line at tiyunnaJ@gmail.com.

I can’t wait to meet ya! Until then…




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Pre-Thrifting Tips Every Thrifter Should Know

Hey Girl Hey,  If you’re hitting up the thrift store this weekend, here are a few tried & true hacks to help make the most of your thrift-prience.  Let's be real, thrift shopping is not for the faint. I want to ease your mind a bit with some basic thrift knowledge before you head out. 

It's Officially Fall in DFW: ThriftStyle Inspiration

     DFW got it's first taste of autumn weather this weekend, which means this weekend we stop "transitioning to fall" and dive right in . So if you're looking for some ideas on how to wear your thrifted finds, look no further this Saturday during the  Thrift inStyle Thrift tou r, where Fall essentials are on our #thriftlist and a great weekend with your favorite girls abound. The best part? We bring you the best thrift-style inspiration!  So get inspired and embrace fashion's most lush season now!

THRIFT the TREND: SHEER COAT

Solange Knowles' style is iconic. Her confidence, unique flare and style captivates my heart just as much as her music does. She follows no trend instead creates them. She embodies personal style, something we all can learn from in a world fixed on trends and perceptions. I came across this sheer robe without a clue how I would wear it. It was vintage & different so tossed it into my cart. Most pieces end up this way. See how I styled this trend for the low-low!